Welcome to the wiki home of KMDI - University of Toronto
Design of Drupal Community - March 09
A. Curatorial, (Danielle Lottridge)
- How can we present student products (e.g., for courses, conferences,
- Is the online gallery in Facebook effective?
- What functionality do we want?
B. Student experience (Karen Smith)
- Consistent time and place?
- 'The symbolism' of attendance (i.e., sign up to commit your attendance
C. Social (Cheryl Madeira and Hedieh Najafi)
- What kind of social events? How frequent? What times?
- Combine with student talks - go out to pub after?
- Organized events?
- Larger party after an end-of-year student research fair?
D. Professional/alumni (Kate Sellen)
- alumni talks
- conferences, workshops, symposia, and events
e.g., IBM Cascon conference)
- How to access alums? Facebook? LinkedIn?
- How to access professionals in related fields (e.g., internships)
E. IT (Sean McDonald)
- How can we push on recruitment (e.g., online recruitment)?
- How to connect to search engines?
- What goes into our digital world (e.g., an online gallery)?
- What functionality? What content? What systems?
4. Discuss: 2008-9 plans for program redesign
- review student contributions from April 1 2008 meeting with KMD CP Program
- new program requirements
- new student experience expectations (e.g., end-of-year research fair)
- portfolios, etc.
- role for graduate and KMDI fellows- maybe reviewing research fair
5. Discuss: likely SEP program (Student Experience Program)
- $6000 for awards - $1000 each?
- What are the criteria?
- What committees would be involved?
- How could professional connections come into play?
6. Discuss: KMDI Annual Student Research Fair
- Should we try to hold one in May to be followed by an end of year
7. Volunteers for Committee leaders and sign-up for Fall events.