Get in touch with your teammates, and designate one person to go to Design Ideas page and find your team's design idea
In another browser tab, go to the "Design Ideas" page for our class
- In the left-most tool bar, you will see a "flow-chart looking" icon for "children" - click it, then choose "Design Template" from the menu of items
- this should auto-populate some headers for your design.
Now, save your page with some name that captures your idea, and start trying to fill in the top two or three sub-sections, leading up to class. See if you can come up with at least some short scenarios. Be prepared to discuss in class.
1:00 - 1:30 Homework discussion
1:30 - 1:45 presentation about design process, and review of wiki, templates, and remainder of course
- off the wall questions ("what if everyone in the world was blind"?)
- mash-up of ideas/affordances ("what if we hooked that into a social network?")
- narrate the user experience ("so... a person wakes up, and their bracelet talks to their phone, which talks to the web, which turns on their coffee pot?")
- high level values/messages of design
Different ways of opening up
- Capture key patterns and features
- Push on the interface features (don't choose random scenarios)
- Reveal design decisions
- Represent your vision of what it could look like
- Try it out, “light weight” - even paper! - just to test patterns
Evaluation, Refinement (evidence based) - ITERATE
1:45 - 2:15 Design work in your team
2:15 - 2:30 - break
2:30 - 3:30 Peer review + whole class discussion
3:30 - 4:00 Design work in your team.