The MySpace Website is a general audience site and does not knowingly collect PII or Related Data from children under 13 years of age.
COLLECTION AND SUBMISSION OF PII AND NON-PII ON MYSPACEGeneral. MySpace collects your email address, first and last name, postal code, gender, and date of birth from you in order to register you as a Member ("Registration Data"). MySpace cannot register you as a Member without this information. All other information you provide during the MySpace registration or that you post on the MySpace website is voluntary. MySpace may also collect PII from you if you choose to participate in MySpace Services activities like sweepstakes, contests, and surveys, because you want us to furnish you with products, services, newsletters, or information, or in connection with content or suggestions you submit to MySpace for review.
In addition, MySpace collects other Related Data and non-PII including IP address, aggregate user data, and browser type. This data is used to manage and improve the MySpace Services, track usage, and for security purposes.
MySpace Members can change their Registration Data and Profile Information at any time and can control how Visitors, other Members and MySpace communicate with them by controlling their account settings, available within the "Edit Profile" portion of their MySpace profile. Link to Privacy Settings.MySpace determines the purposes of collection, use and disclosure of the Registration Data you provide and, as such, is considered the data controller of this information. Because the Member, not MySpace, determines the purposes for which Profile Information is collected, used and disclosed, MySpace is not the data controller of Profile Information that Members provide on their profile.
You can program your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent, block third party cookies or block all cookies. However, by blocking all cookies you may not have access to certain features on the MySpace Services.
Some of the advertisements that appear on MySpace Services may also be delivered to you by third party Internet advertising companies. These companies utilize certain technologies to deliver advertisements and marketing messages and to collect non-PII information and Related Data about your visit to or use of MySpace Services, including information about the ads they display, via a cookie placed on your computer that reads your IP address. To opt out of information collection by these companies, or to obtain information about the technologies they use or their own privacy policies, please visit:
http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp Third party applications (such as widgets) created by third party developers may also be available on the MySpace Services. Third party applications are small bits of software, often with interactivity, that can be installed into Members' profiles or shared with other Users. However, MySpace does not control the third party developers, and cannot dictate their actions. When a Member engages with a third party application, that Member is interacting with the third party developer, not with MySpace. MySpace encourages Members not to provide PII to the third party's application unless the Member knows the party with whom it is interacting.
MySpace and certain copyright holders have signed an agreement pursuant to which copyright holders may utilize MySpace's Rights Management Tools (collectively, the "Tool") to automatically block the upload of audio and audiovisual content for which the copyright holder has supplied content identifiers in the required format. In addition, from time to time, MySpace may use the Tool to examine information (including Profile Information located on private profiles) to detect the presence of content that matches content for which copyright holders have supplied content identifiers. If the Tool blocks the upload of such content, and/or otherwise removes content already uploaded to the MySpace Website, the Member will receive a notice and may have an opportunity respond to the notice through a counter-notice. Copyright holders may have access to certain Related Data and Profile Information when they operate the Tool, but will not have access to any PII unless the Member expressly consents to providing PII to the copyright holder in the context of a counter-notice.
In order to locate other MySpace Members that you may already know in the physical world, MySpace allows Users to search for Members using Registration Data (i.e., full name or email address). MySpace also allows Users to browse for certain Profile Information in order to help connect with Members (i.e., schools and/or companies where Users may have attended or worked). * *MySpace may also enable Members to publicly display some Registration Data as an element of their Profile Information if they choose to do so via a profile setting under "Edit Profile." Search engines may index the portion of a Member's profile (including the Profile Information it contains) that is publicly displayed.
If you have consented to receive promotional materials (e.g., newsletters) or notifications from MySpace, MySpace may periodically use your email address to send you such materials related to the MySpace Services, as applicable. If you want to stop receiving such materials from MySpace, you can change your profile settings under "Account Settings," or follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
MySpace employees, agents and contractors must have a business reason to obtain access to your PII and Related Data. MySpace may share your PII and Related Data with those who help us manage or provide MySpace Services' information activities (for example., message board administration, order fulfillment, statistical analyses, data processing), or with outside contractors, agents or sponsors who help us with the administration, judging and prize fulfillment aspects of contests, promotions and sweepstakes. These outside contractors, agents or sponsors may temporarily store some information on their servers, but they may only use your PII to provide MySpace with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
MySpace may also provide your PII to a third party in those instances where you have chosen to receive certain information and have been notified that the fulfillment of such a request requires the sharing of your PII. MySpace also may share your PII with Affiliated Companies if it has a business reason to do so.
As described in "Notice" above, MySpace may customize the advertising and marketing messages you receive on the MySpace Website, or may work with outside companies to do so. Your Related Data, non-PII and/or Profile Information may be shared with these companies so this customization can be accomplished. MySpace prohibits these companies from sharing your Related Data, non-PII and/or Profile Information with any third party or from using it for any other purpose. Anonymous click stream, number of page views calculated by pixel tags, and aggregated demographic information may also be shared with MySpace's advertisers and business partners.
There may be instances when MySpace may access or disclose PII, Related Data, Profile Information or non-PII without providing you a choice in order to: protect or defend the legal rights or property of MySpace, our Affiliated Companies or their employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) protect the safety and security of Users of the MySpace Services or members of the public including acting in urgent circumstances; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with the law or legal process. In addition, if MySpace sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of all or a material part of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, MySpace may transfer your PII to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
When a Member chooses to post Profile Information that will be publicly disclosed, that Member is responsible for ensuring that such information conforms to all local data protection laws. MySpace is not responsible under any data protection laws for Member posted information.
SECURITY: MYSPACE PROTECTS THE SECURITY OF PIIMySpace uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard PII and credit card information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. In addition, MySpace uses reasonable methods to make sure that PII is accurate, up-to-date and appropriately complete.
ACCESS, REMEDIES AND COMPLIANCE: HOW TO ACCESS, CORRECT OR CHANGE YOUR PREFERENCES REGARDING YOUR PII AND HOW TO CONTACT MYSPACE ABOUT PRIVACY CONCERNSWhenever possible, MySpace Members may review the Registration Data we maintain about them in our records. We will take reasonable steps to correct any PII a Member informs us is incorrect. If you are a Member, you can view and change your Registration Data, Member preferences and Profile Information by logging into your account and accessing features such as "Edit Profile" and "Account Settings."
If you ask MySpace to stop using your PII, MySpace will honor that request while retaining any record of your PII that is necessary to comply with applicable federal, state or local law.
8391 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, California 90048
Twitter is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
We will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site contains links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Towards Children
The Site is not directed to persons under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us privacy at twitter dot com. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal identifiable Information, we will delete such information from our files. |
- Friendster:" an online social networking community (SNC) that connects people through networks of friends for sharing, communicating, and making new friends. Personal information that the user chooses to include:
- First name or first and last names of the Member (depending on the options selected by the Member),
- Gender, age, martial status and other, similar personal information,
- Schools attended or companies with whom the Member is associated,
- Location (e.g., city and state), and
- Photos, videos or other shared content uploaded by the Member to his or her profile, to the extent that it includes personal information.
- Friendster also collects Member-submitted account information such as name and email address to identify Members, send notifications related to the use of the Friendster service and conduct market research and marketing for Friendster's internal use only.
- Members may reveal other personal information while communicating on other areas of the Friendster website, e.g., while participating in discussions on Friendster Groups and/or posting information on Friendster Blogs. This information, in turn, might be viewed by other Members or visitors to the Friendster website who are not Members.
- Friendster also collects some information from Members, as well as from other visitors to the Friendster website, that is not personally identifiable, such as browser type and IP address. This information is gathered from all Members and visitors to the website.
The personal information of a Member contained in his or her profile will be shown to those people whom the Member chooses. Each Member has three options when choosing the level of sharing of his or her profile. They are: "Friends" which consists only of that Member's friends,
"Friends of Friends" which consists of that Member's friends, as well as the extended group of people who are friends of that Member's friends, and
"Anyone" which is all visitors to the Friendster website, whether or not they are Friendster members.
- REGARDLESS OF WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION A MEMBER CHOOSES TO INCLUDE IN HIS OR HER PROFILE, OR WHAT LEVEL OF SHARING HE OR SHE CHOOSES, CERTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT EACH MEMBER WILL BE INCLUDED IN THAT MEMBER'S "PUBLIC PROFILE," WHICH IS AN ABBREVIATED VERSION OF A FRIENDSTER PROFILE.
- Except where a Member might choose to include a full name in his or her profile, a Member's email address and full name will only be used in the following circumstances: When the Member invites a friend via email to become a Friendster Member,
When the Member sends a request to another Member to add the other Member to his or her friend list, When notifications to the Member are sent relating to his or her use of the Friendster service or Friendster website, and If the Member so chooses, when sent regular notifications, weekly updates, or other news regarding the Friendster service or the Friendster website.
- Except when inviting or adding friends or as otherwise expressly set forth herein, a Member's email address will never be shared with or displayed to any other person. Members and their friends, and other Members within their personal networks (depending on the level of sharing a Member has chosen) communicate on Friendster with each other through the Friendster service, without disclosing email addresses.
- Sharing of the Information this Site Gathers/Tracks:
Friendster does not sell, rent, share, trade or give away any personal information unless required by law or for the protection of your Membership. However, Friendster may share profile information and aggregate usage information in a non-personally identifiable manner with advertisers and other third parties in order to present to Members and other users of the Friendster website more targeted advertising, products and services; provided that, in such situations, they will never disclose information that would personally identify you.
- Members and Users Located Outside of the United States of America
- IN ADDITION, IF YOU ARE LOCATED WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION, YOU SHOULD NOTE THAT YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO THE UNITED STATES, THE LAWS OF WHICH MAY BE DEEMED BY THE EUROPEAN UNION TO HAVE INADEQUATE DATA PROTECTION (see, for example, European Union Directive 95/46/EC of 24 October 1995).
...applies to iLike, Inc.'s websites, including iLike.com, GarageBand.com, GCast.com and i-cast.com websites ("Websites"). iLike, Inc. believes in the responsible use of personal information. We understand that without the trust and respect of the musicians and fans that make up our community we'd have nothing. So we'll strive to honor the privacy of anyone who signs up as a member.
Your Personal Information at iLike, Inc.'s Websites
...Here's the information that we require for basic registration at iLike.com, GarageBand.com, Gcast.com and i-cast.com:
- A Screenname is collected and made public on the site. (Your Screenname becomes your public display-name at our Websites. It need bear no relation to your actual name). The following information is collected at registration:
- Your email address.
- A password for your account. (We remind you not to reveal your password to anyone).
- In addition, you are invited to "opt in" to receive a regular newsletter or occasional email from our Websites, and you are free to opt out from either of these services at any point in the future. You have the option of providing more private information to personalize your experience:
- Your gender and date of birth. (For our own demographic reports - so we can build a better site for our audience).
- Your zip code (US residents only) so we can tailor content to your local area.
- Your music preferences. The iLike.com service includes a software component known as the "iLike Sidebar" which enables you to share your musical tastes as you listen to music on your computer, in real-time, through your Public Profile on our Websites. This includes providing your music category preferences or other music preferences. Sharing this information enables us to tailor music content to your taste and enables us to match you with other users who have compatible tastes. If you choose to share this information, it may be made publicly available through your Public Profile or other portions of our Websites. In particular, if you choose to install the iLike Sidebar, please understand that it operates as follows:
- The iLike Sidebar will be sending your music listening data (including a list of all songs and playlists in your music library on your computer) to the iLike.com servers. Select clips of songs from your library will be examined by iLike servers, and matched with music discography metadata collected from friends and other iLike users. This is designed to make sure the sample-clips of music that display on your profile are appropriately representing the music you listen to in your library, and to ensure broad availability of audio clips to enhance music discovery for all our users. You may choose to opt of this "clip-matching" process at any time by changing your iLike account settings.
- This data will be saved by iLike, Inc. in our databases.
- However, by choosing to install the iLike Sidebar, your music listening data, songs, and playlists in your music library are reported publicly in a personally identifiable way, but within your control. Specifically, part of the functionality of the iLike.com website is that you may create a personal profile that publicly reflects your music listening habits as determined by the iLike Sidebar. Your music listening data is also used to generate music recommendations, as well as to calculate music-compatibility scores with other users on iLike.
- The iLike Sidebar is designed to automatically self-update itself (without asking permission from you).
- Additional privacy controls that (a) allow you to choose who may see your music preferences and (b) allow you to hide particular music or playlist data that you prefer not to share with anybody can be found at http://www.ilike.com/account/settings.
- Your full name (optional), which can be used to personalize the email messages that are sent on your behalf when you invite friends to the service, and may also be used (at your option) by friends who are searching for your profile. However, your full name is not displayed within the website except to yourself when you are logged in.
We log IP addresses to track which users have made what page requests, what browser that person was using, what their cookie was, and at what time the request was made. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This logging process does not store any personally identifiable information.