goals for the day
- introductions, etc
- discuss knowledge media, web 2.0, learning
- discuss course outline, format, etc
- explore previous materials, themes
- Introductions, background, etc (30)
(Wesch Web 2 video)
- Our course: a "knowledge community"
- Knowledge media (20)
- how do we define knowledge media?
- what are some of your favorites? (a list from previous years)
- what are some interesting new dimensions?
- Knowledge communities (20)
- what are yours?
- what are some more we know about?
- where are new media for learning making their appearance in these communities
- Our course themes and structure (20)
(20-30 - break afterward??)
- talk about structure of course
- review each theme (40 min)
- look at the knowledge media
- look at the implementations
- set up google group, etc. (20 min)
KMD 2003 homework e-mail Jan 6, 2010
Read Scardamalia paper
Complete Theme Review assignment: Survey themes and previous implementations