- You will be using Diigo as a tool to collaboratively read online articles assigned to your group, so make sure you sign-in to your Diigo account before you begin your assigned readings!
- 'Diigo' the articles in any way you like, and respond to our questions (posted as yellow sticky notes close the articles' titles) for each article. If you do not see any sticky notes on your article, try "Refreshing" your webpage - this may take 2 or 3 refreshes (Diigo is sometimes inconsistent).
- Please share to our "KMD2003" Diigo Group when saving any sticky notes.
- Tip: In order to view all highlights/annotations for bookmarks on our KMD2003 Diigo group's webpage, be sure to select the "Best for Browsing" icon in the top right corner of the page. Here's a screen shot to show you what we mean:
Social Information Systems
Two short articles that you can accessed by either our group reading list or links below. "Diigo" them in any way you like and respond to the questions posted as sticky notes beside articles' titles.
- Taking Diigo Beyond the Bookmark, an article from which you can learn some great tips.
- New Reading, New Writing, an article that talks about the potential of Diigo to transform the way we read and write.
2. Finish the question #1 on the LIS - Social Information Networkswiki page collaboratively with your group partners, and think on other questions that will be discussed on Mar 24.
1. Readings: 2 short articles accessible via the 2 links below. "Diigo" these articles' webpages anyway you like (e.g. highlight, sticky notes), and also respond to the questions (posted as yellow sticky notes close the articles' titles).
2. Do #1 on the LIS - Virtual Spaces wiki page.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
1 - Reading for GIS is available here . "Diigo" it in any way you like and respond to the questions posted as sticky notes beside articles' titles.
2 - Go to the GIS page and fill out the table regarding our Google Maps activity from week 1, then answer question #1.
1. Two short articles that you can accessed by either our group reading list or links below. "Diigo" them in any way you like and respond to the questions posted as sticky notes beside articles' titles.
2. Complete #1 on the LIS - Web Mashups wiki page.
- Video Microsoft Office Labs vision 2019 (10 minutes)
Another video that shows Microsoft's endeavor in designing future user interface: Cloud computing and natural user interface(sorry I didn't find the video on YouTube). The demo in this video match well with the workplace scenario of vision 2019 video.
- A brief Thunder demo - Bodong & Weiwei (5 minutes)
- Create and organize pages
- Write annotations on Thunder's touch screen
- Play with content on Thunder screen (select, move, re-size, combine, etc.)
- Connect a tablet to thunder, and share screens
- Work in LIS sub-theme groups (20 minutes):
- Discuss the Diigo-ed readings
- Continue work on the sub-theme's wiki page.
- Jigsaw Activity (Jigsaw wiki pages: Jigsaw 1, Jigsaw 2, Jigsaw 3, Jigsaw 4) (30 minutes)
- Presentation and Discussion (45 minutes)
- All jigsaw groups present their THUNDER pages to the whole class (4 X 5 minutes = 20 minutes).
- Rise-above reflection and discussion (25 minutes).