Use CmapTools on MacBooks
1. Click on the CmapTools icon (Figure 1) on the Dock to start the program.
2. When the program launched, you should see the CmapTools login Window like figure 2. Input your username in text line "Create your User ID" as well as your password in text line "Create your Password" and "Confirm Password". Click "OK" to log in.
3. After you log in, you should see two CmapTools windows: The "Views" window (on the left side of Figure 3) and a "Map" window (on the right side of Figure 3).
If your "Views" window looks different, please click "Shared Cmaps in Places" icon in "Views" window. Then you should see a "Views" like above.
In the "Views" window, you should find your class name (e.g. M3A) with a leading folder icon. This is the folder where you are going to save your concept maps.
4. To create a new concept map, please ctrl+click (press down "ctrl" button, and click trackpad once) on the folder of your class (e.g. students in M3A class should click M3A folder). Then, select "New->Cmap", an empty concept map window (like the one on the right side of Figure 3) will show up. (see Figure 4)
5. Double click trackpad in the map window to create concepts. For for more information on how to work with concepts, please see the attached powerpoint slide show. This show was originally created by Hedieh Najafi.
Use CmapTools on LG PCs
1. Click "Start->Programs->IHMC CmapTools->CmapTools" to start the program.
2. When the program launched, you will see the login window (same as Figure 2). Input your username and password to log in.
3. After log in, you will see a "Views" window that is different from Figure 3 (See Figure 5), even after you click "Shared Cmaps in Places". You cannot see the "OISE Encore (Canada)" place, but four places start with "IHMC".
4. You need to add the "OISE Encore (Canada)" place to you place list.
Click "Shared Cmaps in Places" first, then click "Add Place" on the top part of "Views" window. "Add Places" window will appear (see Figure 6). Scroll down the scroll bar to find "OISE Encore (Canada)". Select it and click "OK". If you cannot find "OISE Encore (Canada)" in the list, click "Add a place that is not in the list", then put "baci.oise.utoronto.ca" in the blank besides "Internet Host Name", leave the content besides "Port Number" unchanged, change the content besides "Web Sever Port Number" to "8080", then click "OK".
5. Follow step 4 and step 5 in "Use CmapTools on MacBook" section to create new concept maps and edit maps.
Save Your Local Map to Server
1. Find you map on local computer by click "Cmaps in my Computer" in "Views" window (see Figure 2 or Figure 5).
2. Double-click on the map to open the map you want to save to server (see Figure 7).
3. Click "File->Save Cmap As ...". A "Save Cmap As" window will show up (see Figure 8)
4. Click the "Places" icon. It is the globe at the top-right corner of the "Save Cmap As" window. Double-click on "OISE Encore (Canada)" (see Figure 9). Double-click on the folder of your class name, and click "Save" button at the bottom of the window.
5. Close the map window and click on "Shared Cmaps in Places" icon in the "Views" window, and go into the folder of your class, you will see your map there.